- 12 oz (340g) spaghetti
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked and drained, return it to the pot. Immediately pour in the egg mixture and toss the pasta thoroughly to coat it. The residual heat from the pasta will cook the eggs and create a creamy sauce.
- If the sauce seems too thick, gradually add the reserved pasta water while tossing the spaghetti until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Finally, add the cooked bacon to the pasta and toss everything together.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Classic Spaghetti Carbonara!
Note: You can also customize this recipe by adding other ingredients like sautéed mushrooms, peas, or a dash of crushed red pepper for some heat.